Legislative & Regulatory Updates
Compliance & Regulatory Involvement
UMA's government relations team endeavors to keep our members constantly updated in the process of dealing with a broad range of federal, state, and local legislative and regulatory activities. Through your understanding and support we are often able to act proactively to influence government actions; that left ignored or unanswered could have serious negative effects to your business.
Conversely, we also attempt to influence policy and lawmaker to implement changes that will have a beneficial effect on your operations. The Board of Directors and the government relations staff of UMA work daily with the members in the development of sound public policy, which will ultimately benefit the entire motorcoach industry. The following topics will assist you in remaining current with issues of importance and your input will assist us in developing sound policy.
UMA Members have access to the following:
- IRP Registration Information
- Contact Federal Agencies
- Guidance on Interline Service and Notice to Passengers
- US DOT Forms
- State By State Idling Regulations
- Free UMA Process Agent Service
- ADA Guidelines for Over-the-Road Bus Companies
- Quarterly Excise Tax Information
- State Permit Information
- Looking to provide military transportation?
- FTA Over-the-Road Bus Accessibility Grant Program and Contact Information
- USDOT guidance for the safe carriage of medical oxygen on motorcoaches
- FTA - Charter Bus Service Information
- Fuel and Tire Tax Filing Instructions and Exemptions
- IRS Rules Relating To Unfair Charter Competition By Not-For-Profit Organizations
- Overtime Pay Exemption - The US Court of Appeal (3rd Circuit) Rules on When Overtime Pay Is Owed
- EPA Compliance Checklist
- Unified Carrier Registration System (UCR)
To access this info, UMA Members please login at the top of the page. Not a member? Click here to join now.