$125,000 to $175,000 Annually (plus commission)
The President/Chief Executive Officer shall be administrator and manager of the Association employed by the Board of Directors on a salaried basis. The President/Chief Executive Officer shall be responsible to the Chairman and Executive Committee, shall have the authority to execute contracts on behalf of the Association and to disburse funds, as approved by the Board of Directors, and shall employ and may terminate the employment of members of the staff as necessary to carry out the work of the Association. In addition, the President/Chief Executive Officer shall manage and direct all functions and activities of the Association and perform such other duties as may be specified by the Board of Directors. The President/Chief Executive Officer shall be a non-voting, ex officio, member of the Board of Directors and of all committees and councils.
- Manage and oversee the success and profitability of UMA events (EXPO, Summits, Training Seminars, Town Halls, etc) for the organization and its members.
- Increase membership of UMA–this includes participation, involvement and value derived from being a member.
- Manage, develop and direct UMA staff and programs, ensuring success and profitability for the organization and its members.
Duties (includes UMA, Bus & Motorcoach News, Travel PAC, & BusRates):
- Executive will perform all duties normally associated with such position and/or such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Chairman and Executive Committee
- Executive shall perform such duties in a manner consistent with applicable laws and regulations and any code of ethics, compliance manual, employee handbook or other policies and procedures adopted by the Association and subject to any written directives issued by the Association.
- Executive is required to attend all meetings of the Association and Board of Directors and the Executive Committee and record the proceedings of those meetings.
- Executive, working with the Secretary/Treasurer of the Board, is also charged with collecting, depositing and reporting all monies due to the Association and the accuracy of all bills or vouchers that are due. Executive is also in charge of the books and accounts of the Association and managing to maintain a balanced budget year after year.
- With regards to day-to-day affairs, Executive must keep full records of such and be prepared to furnish those records to the Board of Directors and Executive Committee if requested.
- Executive is in charge of all property of the Association and has full authority to hire, discipline, discharge and re-align staff members as he/she feels will maximize productivity and efficiency within the Association.
- From time-to-time other duties may be assigned to Executive by the Chair, the Board or Executive Committee.
- Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Guide and assist Board members in carrying out their responsibilities, ensuring that UMA Officers and Board(s) are fully informed on the Association and its operating subsidiaries' financial condition, operations and opportunities, while offering vision and insight on industry trends and other external factors that may affect the association and its members.
- Manage a member-centric organization with an emphasis on customer service;
- Provide leadership, guidance and direction for all business operations and support staff in the effective execution of all their responsibilities, including the development of new business/revenue opportunities.
- Oversee and lead strategic planning to ensure that UMA remains focused on its mission while identifying and addressing the opportunities and challenges facing the industry.
- Work with the Board, staff, outside contractors and Legislative and Regulatory Committee, to oversee UMA's advocacy efforts and agenda, developing and maintaining relations with government officials, the private motorcoach industry community and other stakeholders to protect and promote UMA member interests.
- Develop and enhance relations with national, state and regional associations and all allied organizations including but limited to American Bus Association (ABA), Trailways, International Motorcoach Group (IMG), National Association of Motorcoach Operators (NAMO) and others.
- Maintain overall fiduciary responsibility for the financial wellbeing of the Association and its operating subsidiaries.
- Serve as primary spokesperson for Association.
- With the approval of the sitting board chairman, establish weekly, bi-weekly and/or monthly reporting protocols to the Chairman and Executive Committee as to the operations and activities of the Association.
- Encourage active engagement of the board committees including regular communication with the committee chairs and quarterly meetings of the committees.
- The President/CEO and Chairman of the Board shall serve as an ex officio member of all committees of the board.
- Managing Processes
- Ability to Communicate Effectively, especially in a remote environment
- Analyzing Information
- Problem Solving and Decision-Making Skills
- History of managing multiple projects
- Research and Reporting
- Strong computer skills
- Demonstrable writing, editing and proofing skills
- Detail Oriented
- A professional appearance and the ability to interact professionally in a fast-paced business environment with both other team members and the public
- Flexible, Reliable, Organized, and Motivated
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies and/or industry-related organizations.
- Position can be remote or in-office in Washington, DC
- College degree required; MBA is a plus.
- Association or non-profit foundation experience preferred.
- Willingness to travel up to 2-3 times per month.
- Estimated range of $125,000 - 175,000 base pay - can be discussed
- Bonuses based on performance and profitability
About United Motorcoach Association:
The United Motorcoach Association is the nation’s largest organization exclusively protecting and promoting the interests and welfare of privately-owned bus and motorcoach companies. Members include motorcoach owners and industry suppliers. For more information about UMA, upcoming events, membership, and important legislative information, please visit www.uma.org.
APPLY AT ZIP RECRUITER