Become a UMA Member
Top Ten Reasons Why Your Company Should be a Member of the United Motorcoach Association...
- Powerful Representation: UMA keeps you abreast of the national federal and state issues that affect the success and operation of your motorcoach business. Our veteran Legislative Affairs Department is your voice and representation in Washington. Along with state associations and other segments of the transportation sector, we've created a broad-based coalition that works for you!
- Bus and Motorcoach NEWS: Bus and Motorcoach NEWS is the only trade publication that is published bi-weekly. This industry bible is filled with timely legislative, regulatory, and industry news-in order to truly be up-to-date on all the issues affecting you and your company, you need to receiveBus and Motorcoach NEWS. Get the news delivered right to your door! Sixty-one dollars from your member dues goes toward your subscription to Bus & Motorcoach NEWS, keeping you and your team on top of what's happening in the industry.
- Valuable Resources to help you grow your business! Every member of the United Motorcoach Association receives a listing in our annual Membership Directory. The UMA Membership Directory features a Location and Services Guide and a Buyers Guide section. Additionally, members receive a listing on our website directory-averaging over 500 hits a day, the online membership directory is used by consumers to find UMA companies for all their travel needs.
- Membership Benefits Members of UMA are presented with a host of opportunities for their business. Operators can take advantage of Free Process Agent Service, Music Licensing Fulfillment, Motorcoach Expo Discounts, discount health insurance programs, opportunities to enroll in the Bus and Motorcoach Academy, in UMA 20 Groups and utlilize the 20 Group Chart of Accounts! We know how expensive it is to run a business-we want you to save money everywhere that we can!
- Timely Information Through Bus and Motorcoach NEWS, The Intelligence, our Web site and e-mails, you can be sure we'll be in touch when you need it most! Our annual Solution Sessions at Expo and our Safety Management Seminar ensure that you'll receive cutting edge industry information before anyone else.
- Networking Opportunities UMA's annual Motorcoach Expo and our Safety Management Seminar provides members with an ideal opportunity to see the latest industry products and explore innovative and important solutions for the most current problems in the motorcoach industry. UMA was built on creating meaningful relationships between members through the open exchange of information. It's these relationships that help improve the industry.
- Business Tools and Advice The UMA Safety & Courtesy Video provides valuable and helpful information for the motorcoach passenger, as well as providing safety guidelines to be followed in the event of an emergency-it's a pre-trip must have! The Operating Ratio Study and the New Operator's Start Up Guide are invaluable tools for the motorcoach operator. The Annual Government Affairs Report will help keep you up-to-date on what's going on in Washington. All of these tools are free to the UMA member.
- Knowledgeable/Expert Staff Got a tax issue you're not sure how to handle? Feeling squeezed out by the transits? Now sure where to turn? UMA staff is happy to help you! UMA members can call Monday through Friday, 9:00 am - 5:30 pm with any business, legislative or industry question and we'll be happy to assist you in any way that we can.
- Education UMA strives to keep our members ahead of the learning curve. Solution Sessions at the annual Motorcoach EXPO are devoted to giving you access to cutting edge marketing strategies, financial trends, and operations tricks that impact the motorcoach industry. Want to run your business in the most effective way possible? Then you need to utilize UMA's education opportunities so you can stay ahead of the competition!
- Money Saving Resources A membership with UMA allows you to participate in many members-only programs that can save you money! Click here for more details.
UMA dues are not deductible as a charitable contribution for federal income tax purposes, but may be partially deducted as a business expense. UMA estimates that 28 percent of your membership dues are allocable to lobbying activities of the UMA, and therefore are not deductible for income tax purposes.